The Healthy Work Campaign (HWC) is delighted to share the below campaign updates, news coverage, and other publicity.
- 5/22/20: HWC team members Marnie Dobson and Paul Landsbergis presented The Healthy Work Campaign: Work Stress Prevention Strategies in the U.S as part of a webinar, International Approaches to Stress Prevention organized by the Occupational Health Clinics for Ontario Workers’ Mayday Workplace Mental Health Series 4
- 3/11/20: HWC team members, Drs. Paul Landsbergis, Marnie Dobson and Peter Schnall presented Identifying and Preventing Work Stressors to Reduce Chronic Disease: The Healthy Work Campaign, a webinar hosted by the Center for Healthy Work, University of Illinois, Chicago, a Total Worker Health® Center of Excellence.
- 12/24/19: Marnie Dobson, Peter Schnall, Ellen Rosskam and Paul Landsbergis are pleased to announce the recent publication of their review article on the costs to business and workplaces of unhealthy working conditions, “Work-Related Burden of Absenteeism, Presenteeism, and Disability: An Epidemiologic and Economic Perspective.“
- 11/8/19: The Healthy Work Campaign Survey has been completed and is being reviewed by outside colleagues.
- 10/14/19: The Healthy Work Strategies page debuted, along with reports on our Tools for Employers and our Tools for Unions & Worker Advocates pages. This project was led by Dr. Paul Landsbergis with the help of his graduate students at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University School of Public Health.
- 3/15/19: Pouran Faghri, MD, MS, FACSM has joined the Healthy Work Campaign team as the Principal Investigator of the HWC Dissemination and Implementation Project. Click here to learn more about Dr. Faghri.
- 3/1/19: Viviola Gómez, PhD, has joined the Healthy Work Campaign team as the HWC Senior Strategist for Latin American Outreach and Spanish Language Content Development. Click here to learn more about Dr. Gómez.
- 1/22/19: We completed our first press release, which is regarding the campaign launch.
- 12/17/18: We announced the campaign launch via the first issue of our rebranded newsletter, Healthy Work Now.
- 12/13/18: Healthywork.org opened to the public.
- 11/13/18: “Working on Empty” screened at the APHA Global Public Health Film Festival in San Diego, CA as part of the “Healthier Communities, Healthier Nation” session, where Dr. Schnall participated in an engaging Q&A.
- 8/10/18: The HWC enters into its first partnerships—with Worksafe, The Workplace Bullying Institute, Optimal Performance Strategies, and Envisia Learning. (See Partners for our growing partnerships list.)
- 7/30/18: The Center for Social Epidemiology, the HWC’s sponsoring organization, became a NIOSH Total Worker Health® Affiliate.
- 6/28/19: “Marnie Dobson discusses workplace burnout which has been officially recognized by the World Health O” (CGTN)
- 6/19/19: “Bangladesh leather sector lags on health and safety” (Just-Style)
- 6/8/18: “Is this the year the AMA finally joins the single-payer movement?” (Stat News)
- 9/22/17: “Total Worker Health Exclusive: Working on Empty Documentary Feature” interview (Total Worker Health in Action! newsletter, vol. 7, no. 3)
- 1/27/17: “Round-the-clock stress makes NFL coaching a health risk” (USA Today)
- 9/19/16: “Cost of Globalization: Workplace Stress, Cardiovascular Illness” (Psych Central)
- 9/16/16: “How workplace stress contributes to cardiovascular disease” (Science Daily)
- 5/22/13: “Three-Quarters of Your Doctor Bills Are Because of This” (HuffPost Blog: Joe Robinson)
- 5/17/11: “Is Your Job Killing You? 8 Types of Job-Related Stress” (Fox News Health)
Are you a member of the press? Head to our Press Room for background material, press contacts, and visual assets.
Healthy Work Now is our newsletter, which features articles, stories and updates from the Healthy Work Campaign. Browse the below newsletters for #healthywork updates and subscribe for more.
Healthy Work Now
4/10/2020 – Healthy Work Campaign Newsletter no. 6 (2020 Q1)
12/2/2019 – Healthy Work Campaign Newsletter no. 5 (2019 Q4)
6/22/2019 – Healthy Work Campaign Newsletter no. 3 (2019 Q2)
3/22/2019 – Healthy Work Campaign Progress
12/17/2018 – Launch of the Healthy Work Campaign
Working on Empty
06/14/2018 – Building toward our Healthy Work Campaign
03/08/2018 – Explaining the gig economy and #HealthyWork
12/27/2017 – We Celebrate Life & Work #HealthyWork
10/17/2017 – Allies for #HealthyWork
09/19/2017 – #HealthyWork is a Healthy America
07/24/2017 – Yes we said it. And we’re going to keep saying it.
The Healthy Work Campaign is more than an online public health campaign. We’re a movement that strives to bring ideas and people with different perspectives and strengths together. Visit this page to keep tabs on our events—those we attend, present at, or host, as well as those of our partners.
- December 3rd-5th, 2019: Daphne Brown, a graduate student and research associate of Dr. Paul Landsbergis at SUNY Downstate School of Public Health, will be representing the Healthy Work Campaign at “COSHCON19,” the National Council of Occupational Safety and Health’s annual conference, convening this year in Baltimore. Daphne will be presenting a poster on our behalf during the designated poster exhibits on 12/3 and 12/4.
- September 20th-23rd, 2020: Member(s) of our research team plan to attend the International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH) WOPS-CV Joint Conference 2020 in Seoul, Korea, organized by ICOH, Korean Society of Occupational Stress and Work Organization and Psychosocial Factors and Cardiology in OH. Email to learn more and attend.
- March 21st-26th, 2021: Members of our team will attend the 33rd International Commission on Occupational Health (ICOH) 2021 (biennial meeting) in Melbourne, Australia, organized by ICOH, Australian New Zealand Society of Occupational medicine (ANZSOM). The meeting theme is “Sharing Solutions in Occupational Health: Locally, Regionally, Globally.” Learn more at http://www.icoh2021.org.
- November 6th, 2019-November 9th, 2019: HWC Team members Dobson, Schnall, Choi, Landsbergis, Faghri & Gomez-Ortiz will be attending and presenting at the 2019 Work, Stress and Health Conference in Philadelphia, hosted by APA, NIOSH and SOHP.
- July 30th, 2019-August 1st, 2019: Dr. Peter Schnall attended the NIOSH Total Worker Health Affiliate Colloquium on behalf of the Center for Social Epidemiology, the founding nonprofit associated with the HWC.
- July 2nd-4th, 2019: International Stress Management Association (ISMA)–Brazil 2019 Congress in Porto Alegre, Brazil: Dr. Marnie Dobson gave the keynote speech about the growing evidence related to work stress and chronic diseases like depression, cancer, heart disease and obesity, as well as participated in the “Challenges and Solutions for Occupational Stress Prevention” panel discussion.
- April 28th-May 1st, 2019: American Occupational Health Conference, (Anaheim, CA), organized by the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, where Dr’s Peter Schnall, Dean Baker, Marnie Dobson and BongKyoo Choi will speak about the HWC
- November 9, 2018: 3rd Workshop for the Southern California Center of Excellence for the Promotion of Healthy Work (Irvine, CA), hosted by Dr. BongKyoo Choi at UC Irvine Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
- October 12th-13th, 2018: Creating Healthy Organizations Conference (Costa Mesa, CA), where 1) Dr.’s Peter Schnall, Marnie Dobson, BongKyoo Choi & Dean Baker presented the symposium “Advancing Healthy Work: Education, tools and work stress prevention” and 2) Dr. Dobson, Dr. Schnall & associate producer Maria Doctor presented “Working on Empty” – documentary movie preview and discussion (CHO 2018 schedule)
- September 14th-16th, 2018: Workplace Bullying University® Training for Professionals Session (San Francisco, CA), hosted by Dr. Gary & Dr. Ruth Namie of the Workplace Bullying Institute
- July 31st, 2018: A Special Lecture, “Occupational Cardiology: Current and Future Perspectives” given by Dr. Fahmy Charl, Professor of Occupational Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt, hosted by Dr. BongKyoo Choi at UC Irvine Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
- July 10th-12th, 2018: Occupational Health Psychology Summer Institute at the NIOSH TWH Center of Excellence, Oregon Healthy Workforce Center (Portland, OR), where Dr. Marnie Dobson presented “Advancing the Healthy Work Campaign: Disseminating Work Stress Education and Prevention Strategies” (Watch webinar.)
- May 8th-11th, 2018: NIOSH 2nd International Symposium to Advance Total Worker Health® (Bethesda, MD), where Dr. BongKyoo Choi co-presented “Creating a Standard Work Organization Risk Assessment Tool for US Workers” and Dr. Peter Schnall presented ‘“Working on Empty”: A Documentary Film and the Healthy Work Campaign’
- April 27th, 2018: For Workers Memorial Day 2018, Worksafe and UC Berkeley Labor & Occupational Health Program (LOHP) convened to remember those who have lost their lives on the job, and highlighted the issue of workplace violence—the second leading cause of death among California workers
- March 9th, 2018: 2nd Workshop for Creating a Southern California Center of Excellence for the Promotion of Healthy Work (Irvine, CA), hosted by Dr. BongKyoo Choi at UC Irvine Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
- October 4th, 2017: 1st Workshop for Creating a Southern California Center of Excellence for the Promotion of Healthy Work (Irvine, CA), hosted by Dr. BongKyoo Choi at UC Irvine Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
Please reciprocate! Let us know about events in your community relevant to #healthywork. Together we’re happier, healthier and more productive.
Have you found us on social media yet?
Please connect with us there to keep tabs on our latest updates and even share #healthywork news stories and with us.