NEWS AND UPDATES
The Healthy Work Campaign (HWC) is delighted to share the below campaign updates, news coverage, and other publicity.
- 3/15/19: Pouran Faghri, MD, MS, FACSM has joined the Healthy Work Campaign team as the Principal Investigator of the HWC Dissemination and Implementation Project. Click here to learn more about Dr. Faghri.
- 3/1/19: Viviola Gómez, PhD, has joined the Healthy Work Campaign team as the HWC Senior Strategist for Latin American Outreach and Spanish Language Content Development. Click here to learn more about Dr. Gómez.
- 1/22/19: We completed our first press release, which is regarding the campaign launch.
- 12/17/18: We announced the campaign launch via the first issue of our rebranded newsletter, Healthy Work Now.
- 12/13/18: Healthywork.org opened to the public.
- 11/13/18: “Working on Empty” screened at the APHA Global Public Health Film Festival in San Diego, CA as part of the “Healthier Communities, Healthier Nation” session, where Dr. Schnall participated in an engaging Q&A.
- 8/10/18: The HWC enters into its first partnerships—with WorkSafe, The Workplace Bullying Institute, Optimal Performance Strategies, and Envisia Learning. (See Partners for our growing partnerships list.)
- 7/30/18: The Center for Social Epidemiology, the HWC’s sponsoring organization, became a NIOSH Total Worker Health® Affiliate.
- 6/8/18: “Is this the year the AMA finally joins the single-payer movement?” (Stat News)
- 1/27/17: “Round-the-clock stress makes NFL coaching a health risk” (USA Today)
- 9/19/16: “Cost of Globalization: Workplace Stress, Cardiovascular Illness” (Psych Central)
- 9/16/16: “How workplace stress contributes to cardiovascular disease” (Science Daily)
- 5/22/13: “Three-Quarters of Your Doctor Bills Are Because of This” (HuffPost Blog: Joe Robinson)
- 5/17/11: “Is Your Job Killing You? 8 Types of Job-Related Stress” (Fox News Health)
- NIOSH “Total Worker Health Exclusive” (volume 6, number 3, September 2017) – interview w/Dr. Peter Schnall & Dr. Marnie Dobson about “Working on Empty”
Are you a member of the press? Head to our Press Room for background material, press contacts, and visual assets.
The Healthy Work Campaign is more than an online public health campaign. We’re a movement that strives to bring ideas and people with different perspectives and strengths together. Visit this page to keep tabs on our events—those we attend, present at, or host, as well as those of our partners.
- April 28th-May 1st, 2019: American Occupational Health Conference, (Anaheim, CA), organized by the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, where Dr’s Peter Schnall, Dean Baker, Marnie Dobson and BongKyoo Choi will speak about the HWC
- July 2nd-4th, 2019: International Stress Management Association (ISMA)-Brazil Congress (Porto Alegre, Brazil), where Dr. Marnie Dobson is scheduled to speak about the growing evidence related to work stress and chronic diseases like depression, cancer, heart disease and obesity
- November 9, 2018: 3rd Workshop for the Southern California Center of Excellence for the Promotion of Healthy Work (Irvine, CA), hosted by Dr. BongKyoo Choi at UC Irvine Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
- October 12th-13th, 2018: Creating Healthy Organizations Conference (Costa Mesa, CA), where 1) Dr.’s Peter Schnall, Marnie Dobson, BongKyoo Choi & Dean Baker presented the symposium “Advancing Healthy Work: Education, tools and work stress prevention” and 2) Dr. Dobson, Dr. Schnall & associate producer Maria Doctor presented “Working on Empty” – documentary movie preview and discussion (CHO 2018 schedule)
- September 14th-16th, 2018: Workplace Bullying University® Training for Professionals Session (San Francisco, CA), hosted by Dr. Gary & Dr. Ruth Namie of the Workplace Bullying Institute
- July 31st, 2018: A Special Lecture, “Occupational Cardiology: Current and Future Perspectives” given by Dr. Fahmy Charl, Professor of Occupational Medicine, Alexandria University, Egypt, hosted by Dr. BongKyoo Choi at UC Irvine Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
- July 10th-12th, 2018: Occupational Health Psychology Summer Institute at the NIOSH TWH Center of Excellence, Oregon Healthy Workforce Center (Portland, OR), where Dr. Marnie Dobson presented “Advancing the Healthy Work Campaign: Disseminating Work Stress Education and Prevention Strategies” (Watch webinar.)
- May 8th-11th, 2018: NIOSH 2nd International Symposium to Advance Total Worker Health® (Bethesda, MD), where Dr. BongKyoo Choi co-presented “Creating a Standard Work Organization Risk Assessment Tool for US Workers” and Dr. Peter Schnall presented ‘“Working on Empty”: A Documentary Film and the Healthy Work Campaign’
- April 27th, 2018: For Workers Memorial Day 2018, WorkSafe and UC Berkeley Labor & Occupational Health Program (LOHP) convened to remember those who have lost their lives on the job, and highlighted the issue of workplace violence—the second leading cause of death among California workers
- March 9th, 2018: 2nd Workshop for Creating a Southern California Center of Excellence for the Promotion of Healthy Work (Irvine, CA), hosted by Dr. BongKyoo Choi at UC Irvine Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
- October 4th, 2017: 1st Workshop for Creating a Southern California Center of Excellence for the Promotion of Healthy Work (Irvine, CA), hosted by Dr. BongKyoo Choi at UC Irvine Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
Please reciprocate! Let us know about events in your community relevant to #healthywork. Together we’re happier, healthier and more productive.
Healthy Work Now is our newsletter, which features articles, stories and updates from the Healthy Work Campaign. Browse the below newsletters for previous #healthywork updates, and subscribe for more.
Healthy Work Now
3/22/2019 – Healthy Work Campaign Progress
12/17/2018 – Launch of the Healthy Work Campaign
Working on Empty
06/14/2018 – Building toward our Healthy Work Campaign
03/08/2018 – Explaining the gig economy and #HealthyWork
12/27/2017 – We Celebrate Life & Work #HealthyWork
10/17/2017 – Allies for #HealthyWork
09/19/2017 – #HealthyWork is a Healthy America
07/24/2017 – Yes we said it. And we’re going to keep saying it.
Have you found us on social media yet?
Please connect with us there to keep tabs on our latest updates and even share #healthywork news stories and with us.